Snowglobe is an older one from ABC Family. It stars Christina Milian, Erin Karpluk, Josh Cooke, Matt Keeslar and Lorraine Bracco. I watched this a while ago so I'm not sure if it is still available on the renamed ABC Family - Freeform. I think they usually include it in their 25 days of Christmas special so you might be able to watch it then.This movie is about Angela (Christina Milian) a girl from Brooklyn who wants the perfect Christmas with all the trimmings. Unfortunately she has a large annoying family who often interfere with her life and cause chaos. They are also always trying to set her up on dates (because apparently being 25 and unmarried makes you a spinster). Angela gets sent a magic Snow globe and is transported to a world within the globe where everyday is Christmas and everyone is permanently in the Christmas spirit.
This is a cute (kinda saccharine) story but be fair warned it's one with an obvious fantastic element to it. I know some people don't like those ones so I thought I would point it out. It's not the best movie out there but it's not the worst either; I have definitely seen much much worse. I think Christina Milian was a singer or something right? I don't really know as I don't like pop music but I recognize the name, I'm guessing this was something she did as her star was waning.
There is a little bit of chaste french kissing in this at the end but not much more than that and some hand holding if i remember rightly.
It obviously has a bit of a message too, most of these movies do. This one is about reaching for perfection at the expense of living your life. It's a little on the heavy handed side but it's not too bad.
I give this one a 5 out of 10 which basically means it was okay but had its issues. I found it watchable and I liked some of the supporting cast who are from TV shows I know. Erika Karpluk from Being Erica and Rookie Blue, Lorraine Bracco from Rizzoli and Isles, Josh Cooke from Hart of Dixie and Longmire and Ennis Esmer from The Listener also has a small role. Judging from all the Canadian actors I am guessing it was filmed in Canada.Final Score 5/10 - watch if you like Christmas TV Movies, don't have really high standards (or like good bad movies) and don't mind a fantastical element.
No comments:
Post a Comment