
The Lost Valentine is a TV movie I watched recently and really liked. It's from Hallmark and stars Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sean Faris and Betty White.
It tells the story of Susan, a reporter, who is doing a human interest story Caroline Thomas (Betty White). Caroline's Navy pilot husband went missing during WWII and was never found. Every year on Valentine's Day she returns to the train station where she said her last good byes to him all those years ago.
I thought this movie was one of the better ones from Hallmark. It had a lot more substance than many of their romances. It was quite sad too as it was about a woman whose true love went missing during the war. It also has some cute moments between the reporter (Jennifer Love Hewitt) and Caroline's grandson Lucas (Sean Faris).
Definitely made me cry a few times (although I'll admit that is not hard). I also liked that the timeline was stretched out. Many Hallmark romances take about a week to fall in love and decide to get married;those always annoy me. This one has weeks in between that you don't see but are mentioned as having passed.
There is some light affection shown in this movie; hugging and such and some french kissing.
I give this 7 out of 10. OK I'll give it one more for Sean Faris and his amazing smile. So sue me I'm a sucker for a pretty face.
Final score - 8/10 worth checking out if you like more dramatic TV Movies and don't mind a tear jerker.
IMDB Link to The Lost Valentine


No comments:
Post a Comment